On a past work retreat we were asked to bring one recipe to prepare for a meal. Naturally, I chose breakfast (best meal of the day). I dove on to Pinterest and found a photo of a dish that looked absolutely mouthwatering. Here’s the thing – I couldn’t view the recipe (story of my life). So I decided to wing it and create my own.
This breakfast fed 4 people for 2 breakfasts!
- 3 crescent roll dough cans
- 1 bell pepper (I used red)
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of scallions/green onions
- 12 eggs
- 1 pack of bacon
- Cheddar cheese slices
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chili Flakes
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1/4 cup garlic powder (seriously love garlic)
- Freshly chopped parsley (up to you the amount)
- Salt + pepper
- Unpack the entire package of bacon and chop into 3rds or 4ths (based on preference)
- Place skillet on medium heat and begin cooking all of the bacon. Don’t overcook.
- While the bacon slowly cooks, mix together butter sauce ingredients (microwaves are your friend)
- Brush some butter sauce mix onto the bottom of a baking pan
- Open one roll of the crescent dough and lay onto a baking pan (if you need to open the second it’s ok)
- Pat the creases in between the crescent roll triangles together
- Stick in oven and SET A TIMER (follow baking directions)
- While switching out bacon, begin chopping the red onion, bell pepper and scallions (amount on all of these is up to you. I used the whole bell pepper and red onion and plenty of scallions)
- Place chopped veggies in a bowl – also, check the bacon/ oven
- Add salt, pepper, red chili flakes and garlic powder to the veggies
- Complete making bacon
- Once bacon is done, cook the veggies until red peppers appear softer
- Take off the veggies
- Mix together all 12 eggs (you can use less eggs if you want to add 1/4 cup of milk instead)
- Scramble eggs, don’t overcook because you’ll be baking them for a bit at the end
- Break out another can of the crescent dough and bake it halfway through on a different pan
- Once all of the stove cooking is done, begin slicing the cheddar slices into triangles and place onto baked flat crescent bread
- Add the scrambled eggs, veggies, bacon and sprinkle plenty of the shredded cheddar cheese. You can add cheddar cheese between layers as well!
- Add the half baked crescent dough to the top of the loaded pan
- Brush any excess butter sauce on the top
- Bake for 7 mins enough to melt the cheese and finish cooking the upper level
AND YOU’RE DONE! Thanks for sticking around for the wildest baking instructions ever.